Friday, March 5, 2010

Time heals all wounds....


Was talking to a friend, who had lost someone dear and I tried to console her like anyone would. the talk progressed I said things, which made me wonder if they were all really true....Amongst other things I told her she'd forget the pain eventually, and I did mean it!!...I said,"Time will heal all wounds", sounded so corny, but it got me thinking...Does time really heal all wounds?....It might make the pain go away, but doesn't the scar always remain??...and if the scar remains, aren't there chances that someone might just intentionally or unintentionally scratch it and cause it to bleed again??...I guess, there are things that time does heal, but doesn't it all depend on the intensity of the pain and the willingness of an individual to let go?...If one is lucky enough to be surrounded by friends and loved one's then the wound heals quicker...Sharing reduces the pain...but then shouldn't the adage say "Time, friends, love and sharing heal all wounds"...

But what about things that cause you constant pain, the things that stay in your head and will not go away, even when you try so hard not to think of them...Can you really wish hurt away?...Memories are so powerful, they can make us laugh and they can make us cry. We hold them dear and what we hold dear to the heart can easily cause us pain...Does it follow that we stop creating memories, or is the heart capable of picking and choosing the good from the bad?...Why is it that the one's we love the most, that are capable of hurting us the most? Why can't love just stop at love and friends remain friends forever? Why can't beauty be always beautiful?..Does everything good always go bad because it has no other way to go??...I guess, time will tell it all...The mighty clock is ticking and it is trying to soothe the pain away from the millions that are hurting...Not a piddly feat by any measure, and considering the amount that needs to be done.... I guess, I'll let time take its own time...I suddenly realized why I have so many clocks at home, I guess, it was an unconscious but feeble attempt on my part to bring time home, to start the healing process or should I say hasten it...Time for a time out now. I think I will let the brain do its work and let time work its miracle...

1 comment:

  1. Nop...it doesnt...may be it can rust up the pain , may b it can cover up the feeling but everytime a single blow can freshen up those...and wounds at heart are something that will make you cry with every breathe you take.. Got no cure for that..one way out is to stop hearing what it says...and that surely turns u heartless

    ReplyDelete