Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hope keeps me going :)...

Hope, I heard is the most quintessential of all human emotions....Something which grows stronger when times are hard...Something which keeps us going, when everything else takes a leave....Something that is very much our own...A thing, that we can create and destroy.....gift and be gifted and give and take away as easily.....

I have yet to meet a person that has not ever hoped for any thing nice....The rich and the poor both hope for things to be better than they are, whether they put in as much effort to earn the object of their desire is another story altogether.....People wanting a taste of success hope and pray for them to be answered; the sick and dying hope to be cured; parents hope for their kids to live a long, healthy life full of happiness; and lovers, hope for their love to be everlasting and by their side for ever...Some even hope for world peace and for poverty to be eliminated!! Everyone on this earth has something to hope for!!....

I have always noticed how 'hope' and 'pray' are almost always said in the same breath...It is like we need to hope and pray for things to work out.....'Hope' it seems is an extension of prayer, hang on to one and grab the next rung to reach closer to the source of desire, but be careful of hoping too much, too soon and too desperately, for they will lead you farther away from your goals...'too much' of either of these will lead closer to 'desperation' and and its next rung 'fear of failure'...Hope, I have learned goes better with not just prayer but also effort....Everything done in moderation somehow seems to have a greater impact then hoping for things to somehow magically go right.....

What I hope for is simple and yet so much complicated....It encompasses everything the heart could ever desire.....I hope for a love faithful; a happiness that lasts; good health without too much effort; loyalty of the ones I love, to a degree that I myself gift; trust, that is never betrayed; joys unparalleled; a laughter, that never ends; peace of heart and mind and to be ALWAYS surrounded by the ones that I love ......Nothing material here, but everything that is so essential to our very being..... All I'm really hoping for is everything that is good, for a life that is so precious......Is that too much to ask??.....

No comments:

Post a Comment